Hiding windows ce.net task bar , start menu
sanjayb
2004-07-16 06:59:01 UTC
i would like to permanantly Hide following on windows ce.net based device
1) task bar
2) start menu
3) Internet explorer address bar and menu.

This is to be achieved using program without user intervention.
How to do it. which files in source need to be modified and at what location.

thanks in advance
sanjay
Jeeetu
2004-07-16 07:15:41 UTC
Hello,
To turn on the autohide characteristic, set the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\AutoHide
registry entry
.
sanjayb
.
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
2004-07-16 12:45:04 UTC
Are you developing a device using Platform Builder? or adding an app to an
existing device?
--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer
sanjayb
2004-07-16 12:56:01 UTC
I am developing device using platform builder windows ce.net 4.2 and want these options disabled parmanantly hide
1) task bar
2) start menu
3) Internet explorer address bar and menu.
so when users get device he/she gets full spaceon on the screen.

I am open to change the source and build image.
i also could not found registry entry set the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\AutoHide
mentioned by jeetu. I tried it using emulator and view registry using remote registry editor
Senior Engineer
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
2004-07-16 13:19:38 UTC
He did not say that the registry entry exists, he said set it. It does not
do what you need though so just ignore it.

You could remove explorer altogether or modify the shell following the
instructions in help. That would solve 1. and 2.

Not sure what the best solution to 3. is. You can modify IE to suit your
needs.
--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer
Palash
2004-07-16 13:35:39 UTC
Write these lines in your common.reg file to hide the taskbar:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\AutoHide]
"Default "=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\OnTop]
"Default "=dword:0

Palash
Senior Engineer
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
2004-07-16 14:14:23 UTC
First, don't add that to your common.reg -> add it to your project.reg

Second, that is *temporary* and the question is about *permanent*
--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer
Palash
2004-07-19 05:15:06 UTC
Yup ... it should not be common.reg, it should be project.reg instead.
Thanks Bruce.

And if it is question of *permanent*, then if we replace the explorer.exe by
our own app (using Launch50 reg key), will it work?

Thanks,
Palash
Senior Engineer
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
2004-07-20 01:28:42 UTC
Yes, replacing explorer.exe would be permanent.
--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer
itamnas
2004-07-16 18:39:48 UTC
hi,
to remove address bar dont create the address bar in mainwnd.cpp and dont
insert menubar into the commandbar. the code is available in mainwnd.cpp in
iesample folder

~cheers
itamnas